Greetings to New Participants!
|November 4, 2015||Filled under Community, Featured||
Welcome to Hour 25, a friendly community where you can continue to explore and discuss the themes and content to which you were introduced in ‘The Ancient Greek Hero in 24 Hours’.
Here are a few places where you might like to start as you begin exploring the site:
Hour 25 Website
- Welcome Page—Introduces the features of the site and lists where to find everything.
- About Page—Explains what Hour 25 is about, and introduces the Community Development team and some of the projects currently underway.
- FAQs—Answers some of the questions you might have, and provides links to more detailed information and the Support threads.
- Hour 25 Website Tutorials—Guidance on the features of the Kosmos Society site.
CHS Open House Discussions
Don’t miss our CHS Online Open House discussions with visiting scholars. These happen about once every two weeks during spring and fall. You will find a schedule of forthcoming visits, as well as recordings of earlier sessions, on the Scholars page.
Our discussion Forums are divided into topic areas, with recent threads and responses listed in the sidebar on the left. But your the first “port of call” should probably be the Friday Café. (Yes, if you have come from HeroesX you’ll be pleased to know we run a branch here at Kosmos Society as well, so you will find all your favorite drinks lined up on the bar, and you can take your seats, admire the view, and talk about the latest topics—although, as you know, you can also visit previous weeks’ Cafés for other subjects of conversation, any time you like.) There’s a ‘New Members’ Table’—where, if you wish, you can introduce yourselves to everyone.
Then jump into any Forum conversation that interests you, or start your own!
Not sure where to post your comment or question in the Forums? This post explains everything.
To read new texts with the key words tracked, just as in the Sourcebook, visit the the ‘Texts‘ page. You’ll find related discussion threads in the Forums. There is also a growing library of learning modules.
You will be very welcome to join the Book Club activities to discuss different primary texts and/or scholars’ work each month. Watch out for announcements.
There are a Greek Study Groups where you can start to learn Attic Greek, you can join in a study of Euripides, and we run occasional workshops, for example on how to explore online tools and start investigating Greek words—please post on this thread if you are interested.
Apart from forum discussions, you might find the following useful:
- Community Tutorials—A selection of blog posts with advice about using the Chatrooms and Google+ Hangouts.
- Chat—Details about how to use the instant chat or the chatroom are available here. Use the chat feature to start making contact with other logged-in members of Hour 25!
- Google+ Hangouts—If you’ve never used a Google+ Hangout before, you can find details here, then post in the forum or via chat to let us know if you’d like a practice session—so you’ll be ready to go when you want to join community-based conversations.
Featured image: Community members, pictured during hangout discussions and readings.