Video book discussion: Sophocles’ Oedipus at Colonus, with Leonard Muellner
We were delighted to welcome back Prof. Leonard Muellner to participate in a live book discussion of Sophocles’ Oedipus at Colonus, as part of our series of live discussions on tragedy.
- The Eumenides
- The importance of the location of the hero’s body
- Oedipus as sotēr
- Oedipus and Creon’s age in mythological time
- Distance and closeness of the hero
- The role of Corinth
- The political role of Athens as location of the drama
- Evidence of other dramas
- The libation and other details of the ritual
- Drama as a way of providing a focus on rituals and myths
If you wish to continue the discussion, please visit the Forum thread where you can also add your suggestions for further focus passages.
Please follow this link for the Google+ Hangout,
or you can watch here: